The History of Coventry Cocker Spaniel Club
Sadly very little of the early history of Coventry Cocker Spaniel Club remains, the Club was formed in 1951 but the earliest minute book starts in 1954. From then on the minutes are also incomplete. If anyone has anything of interest the committee would be pleased to know.
The list of Secretaries is a history of the breed in itself
Mr C W Bolton JNR
Mrs M Weston
Mrs P L Masters
Mrs D Barney
Mrs D Chapman
Mrs M Allard (1979- 1992)
Mrs L Parker (1992 – present)
A booklet was produced in 1981 to celebrate the Club’s 30th Anniversary. It includes pictures of dogs behind a lot of current pedigrees. Kennels featured include Middlegill, Lindridge,Sorbrook, Styvechale, Browster, Marstondale, Asquannes, Harwenprince, Hazari, Davorey, Donvale, Bobbinbrae’s, Topbrands, Cilleine, Kavora, Pandorek, Beligar and Harwenprince.
We hope to add to this history as material becomes available.